Your Surgery Visit
If you are coming in for a procedure:
- Bring something to read and a snack. We do provide a selection of magazines and television, as well as light snacks for patients who will be with us over an extended period, but you also may want to bring your own.
- Access free WiFi through the BJC Guest network.
- Wear comfortable clothing. Button-down/zipped shirts and jackets, which do not need to be pulled over the head, are best.
- Wait to apply makeup until after your appointment (for facial procedures).
- Eat breakfast and take your medicines as you usually do.
- If you are scheduled for a procedure near your eyes, arrange for someone to drive you home from your appointment.
- If you are scheduled for Mohs surgery, be aware that the length of your day with us is typically half a day—some patients with extensive lesions may spend the entire day with us. The stages of surgery will continue until the tumor margins are cleared and reconstruction has occurred.